TIF Schedules International Conferences for October
January 22, 2013 – The Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) has scheduled two concurrent international conferences for October 20-23, 2013 in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. Information about the 13th International Conference on Thalassemia and Hemoglobinopathies and the 15th International Conference for Parents and Patients can be found here.
The website for the Conferences states that “the mission of TIF 2013 is to deliver a rich, advanced and informative scientific program with world renowned faculty presenting the latest statistics, case reports, researches and medical advances in the thalassemia fields. The congress program is designed for patients and parent organizations; healthcare professionals/medical specialists; academics/researchers; policymakers at national, regional and international levels; and industry.”
A preliminary topic list includes:
- Guidelines for the development and management of thalassemia day care & reference centers;
- Optimal care of thalassemia and hemoglobinopathy patients in the emergency room;
- Quality of life of thalassemia patients with progress in new iron chelation protocols;
- Challenges in managing adult and geriatric patients with thalassemia and hemoglobinopathies;
- Patient communications tools and professional networking to improve acccess and care;
- Progress in stem cell transplantation and gene therapy for thalassemia;
- Prevention of thalassemia and other hemoglobin disorders with special references to problems in developing countries.