I want more information about Thalassemia
Thalassemia is the name of a group of genetic blood disorders. Click on the links below to find out more.
- Basic Description of Thalassemia (This is a good place to start)
- Information about Thalassemia Trait
- Information About Beta Thalassemia Major
- Information About Beta Thalassemia Intermedia
- Information About Alpha Thalassemia
- Information About Hemoglobin H (a form of Alpha Thalassemia)
- Information About Hemoglobin E/E Beta Thalassemia
If you want to receive regular information from the Cooley’s Anemia Foundation about thalassemia and our efforts to fight this blood disorder, please click here.
Although thalassemia can have a wide range of severity, all forms except thalassemia trait/minor are considered clinically significant. If you are an individual with a clinically significant form of thalassemia and require information, please contact our Patient Services Manager, Eileen Scott, at email@example.com or (212) 279-8090 x 205.