TIF Launches “ThaliMe” App for Thalassemia Patients
November 25, 2014 – The Thalassemia International Federation (TIF) is taking on a new project to develop and deploy an innovative mobile program to greatly aid and improve the lives of people living with thalassemia. The envisioned program, delivered via mobile app, has the potential to reach millions of people around the world living with this challenging disease. (A video demonstration is available by clicking here.)
The overall goals of this program are to give people living with thalassemia, their families and caregivers, a private mobile support network and a suite of tools to simplify daily management and inspire overall health. The ThaliMe app helps to connect the thalassemia community to one another and to those that care for them. The application will be designed with active input from the thalassemia community to ensure value, ease of use and applicability.
ThaliMe App will be easy to use, personalized and provide users with helpful tools to manage everything from medication reminders to appointment scheduling, from mood and mobility levels, to transfusion dates and accessing the latest research. TIF views this approach to patient care and the use of mobile technology for patient empowerment and outreach as a critical component of the overall thalassemia care ecosystem.
More specifically, the goals for the program are to develop a cross-platform mobile tool that enables:
• Private, peer to peer and peer to caregiver support networks to reduce isolation and improve patients sense of support;
• Easy to use, simple health tracking and information management functionality that eases the daily challenges of disease management;
• Data visualization tools that translate health tracking into visual format thus providing an easy and motivating way to chart personal health;
• Medication and appointment reminders to encourage adherence and timely care;
• Educational and research information channel that users can post to privately or share to their social networks, more broadly, like Facebook, Twitter etc. to improve awareness, empowerment and prevention.
The App can be downloaded from the Apple store or Google Play. For more information, contact TIF at email@example.com.