CDC Launches New Thalassemia Toolkit for Healthcare Providers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently launched a new Thalassemia Healthcare Provider Resource Toolkit. This free toolkit is filled with the following free resources for providers caring for people living with thalassemia:
- Continuing Medical Education Offerings and Webinars: Find recordings of CDC and the Cooley’s Anemia Foundation’s Virtual Thalassemia Grand Rounds, CDC-funded webinars on thalassemia, and other continuing medical education offerings.
- Scientific Articles and Features: View the latest research findings and special features on thalassemia published by CDC authors or funded by CDC.
- CDC Activities Related to Transfusion Complications in Thalassemia: Learn about CDC’s work on transfusion complications monitoring and how it is helping us learn more about the health problems that can occur after people with thalassemia receive blood transfusions.
- Resources on Newborn Screening: Find resources and learn about CDC’s work in newborn screening for thalassemia.
- Thalassemia Treatment Centers: Find a map with information on select specialty thalassemia treatment centers in the United States.
- Resources for Thalassemia Care, Treatment, and Management: View resources on best practices for the management of people with thalassemia.
- Clinical Thalassemia Management Checklists: Find evidence-based checklists that were developed and reviewed by the scientific medical advisory board of the Cooley’s Anemia Foundation.
- Thalassemia Transfusion Resources: View a collection of thalassemia transfusion resources for healthcare providers and people living with thalassemia and their families.
- Other Clinical Management Resources: Find links to other resources on clinical management issues in thalassemia.
What You Can Do:
- Visit the toolkit web page to access these resources and share this toolkit with your colleagues who might find this information helpful.
- Learn more about thalassemia by visiting CDC’s thalassemia website.
- Learn about CDC’s work in monitoring complications after people with thalassemia receive blood transfusions.