CAF Launches Second Annual “Push-Ups to Fight Thalassemia Challenge”
January 1, 2020 – The Cooley’s Anemia Foundation (CAF) is happy to launch our second annual “Push-Ups to Fight Thalassemia Challenge.”
Not only is it a new year, but it’s also a new decade! So many people are taking this opportunity for a fresh start to work towards a better version of themselves. CAF’s Push-Ups to Fight Thalassemia Challenge offers the community wonderful opportunity to do just that—to make a commitment to improve physical fitness by doing push-ups. And not only does this encourage people to stay physically fit, it enables them to help people living with thalassemia at the same time! Our goal is to raise awareness and the funds needed to help our patients.
Here’s How It Works:
- Register for the Challenge and set up a fundraising page.
- Do a set of push-ups – however many you can do without straining yourself. (This is your baseline.) Use good form.
- Make a goal for yourself of how many push-ups you would like to be able to do by February 21, 2020. (This is your goal. It’s good to check with a doctor about your goal.)
- Send your fund-raising page to family, friends, colleagues, etc. and ask them to sponsor you. Let them know how many push-ups are your goal and suggest they donate a specific amount based on that. (For example, if 20 push-ups is your goal, $1 per push-up = $20, $5 per push-up = $100, etc.) As an alternative, ask them to join you in this challenge as well, you can raise the funds as a team, and have a cumulative push up total.
- Create a calendar and keep track of the progress you make as you move toward your goal. (Be careful not to overdo; you can’t stay fit if you strain something in the process!)
- Let your supporters know how you are doing. Send email updates or post videos or photos on social media showing your progress. (Use #PushUpsThal to help others find the videos and photos.)
- On February 21, see if you can reach your goal. Be sure to make a video or take a picture and post it on social media (#PushUpsThal) to celebrate your accomplishment.
- Make sure CAF has your video or photo as well; we’ll be giving our special acknowledgement to the most creative videos/photos (for example, push-ups in the most unusual location, push-ups in creative costumes, etc.)
- Feel good about all the hard work you have done – and about how all that effort is helping people live with the blood disorder thalassemia!
Ready to get started? Click here to register for the Challenge!